- Losing memory
- Changes in temperament
- Decline in logical thinking
- Ability to communicate
At CLARITI - Hearing Care Professionals, we connect to people with hearing problems and help them to achieve more fulfilling, happier lives. Please do not hesitate to talk to our dedicated hearing care professionals for better understanding on the most appropriate solution for you and your loved ones.
1. Judith Tan, “Dementia is not natural part of ageing”, 2015, The New Paper, 1 August 2016 <http://news.asiaone.com/news/yourhealth/dementia-not-natural-part-ageing>.
2. Janice Tai, “One in 10 people over 60 have dementia, new Singapore study claims”, 2015, The Straits Times, 2 August 2016 <http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/one-in-10-people-over-60-have-dementia-new-singapore-study-claims>.
3. N.A., “High blood pressure can lead to hearing loss”, 2013, Hear-it.org, 2 August 2016 <http://www.hear-it.org/High-blood-pressure-can-lead-to-hearing-loss>
4. Katherine Griffin & Katherine Bouton, “Hearing Loss Linked to Dementia – Can getting a hearing aid help prevent memory loss?”, 2015, AARP Website, 1 August 2016 <http://www.aarp.org/health/brain-health/info-07-2013/hearing-loss-linked-to-dementia.html>
5. Data are available on the Alzheimer's Association Website. For more information on “2016 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures”, please refer to http://www.alz.org/facts/
6. Jane E. Brody, “Personal Health: Lifelines for People With Hearing Loss”, 2012, The New York Times, 3 August 2016 <http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/16/personal-health-lifelines-for-people-with-hearing-loss/?_r=1#permid=127>